Supporting our Community
Getting ready for the Gladfest Fall Parade!
It has been a busy Fall in Kansas City - between the changing of the seasons, Chiefs wins (and loses) and late summer storms. It is important to us that we support the communities we serve. This Fall we've represented at Gladfest (The Gladstone Fall Festival and parade), our annual Charity Golf Tournament supporting Variety Children's Charity of Greater Kansas City, Gladstone Chamber of Commerce Parks and Rec department's Trunk or Treat, and The Liberty Fall Fest. Our employees enjoy being out in the community!
What to Do if your Pipe Bursts
If you are unfortunate enough to have a burst pipe, follow these steps:
- Turn off your water supply at the main valve. Your main water valve can be located in a variety of places. If you have a home with a basement or crawlspace, it is probably located on an interior wall near the front of the house. In this case, it is most likely hiding in plain sight. If your home was built on a slab, the valve might be located near the hot water heater or inside your garage. It may also be located in an underground cement box near your front curb. To learn where your main water valve is, consult you property inspection report or call your local utility company or plumbing professional. Learn more tips for locating your main water valve here.
If the burst pipe is a hot water line, make sure to also turn off the water valve at the top of your hot water heater.
- Once you have turned off the main water valve, call a plumber.
- If your water meter is frozen, contact your local Water Department.
- If your broken pipe has caused water damage to your home or business, call SERVPRO of Clay County to dry it out before it ruins materials and they need to be torn out.
Look Who's in the News for Water Damage Cleanup!
Our franchise is in the news! We are helping clean up water damage and flooded basements after these heavy storms. Check it out!
Clay County Smoke and Soot Cleanup
SERVPRO of Clay County employees care about your fire restoration needs.
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home or business, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Clay County will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
SERVPRO of Clay County has been helping families and businesses throughout the Northland with their cleanup and restoration needs for over 25 years.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – 816-436-7420
Use a Professional Water Restoration Company
You come home from vacation and find a flood of water in your finished basement. Who can you call to help you? You may think of calling a contractor, but there are differences between contractors and professional Water Restoration Companies. As a professional Restoration Company, we try to restore, rather than replace, whenever possible.
A contractor’s job is to replace everything that is affected. This will often include all flooring, walls, cabinets and even furniture. SERVPRO® of Clay County and Leawood/Overland Park technicians are certified in drying and cleaning water damage to industry standards. We will not remove materials unless it is necessary. The average time to dry is 3 days. This prevents further interruption to your daily life and also saves you money. We try to mitigate the water damage, and restore when possible. Restoring your home is a less expensive than replacing materials in your home.
Call SERVPRO® of Clay County and Leawood/Overland Park. We are available 24/7 for emergency water losses.
Kansas City Area Residents: We Specialize in Flooded Basement Cleanup and Restoration!
A basement can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your basement could flood, including:
- · A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- · Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
- · Storm sewer backup
- · Sanitary sewer backup
- · Foundation drainage failure
- · Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
- · And many more
Last year there were many flooded basement due to heavy rains and overflowing creeks and rivers.
If You Have Questions or Need Help, Please Call Us at
913-381-6550 or 816-436-7420
We use advanced inspection and monitoring equipment such as infrared cameras and moisture meters to determine if your home’s structure is actually dry. Touch is not a reliable method, as moisture can trap inside.
If Water Damage is not handled quickly and properly, it can cause severe damage to your home’s structure, not to mention the potential harmful health effects of mold. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
- We are available 24 hours/7 days per week for emergencies.
- We’re a Preferred Vendor to many national insurance companies
- We bill your insurance directly – one less thing for you to worry about
- Our Technicians are highly-trained in Water Restoration Techniques
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- Advanced inspection and extraction equipment
Basement Flooded? Call Us Today – We’re Here To Help - 913-381-6550 or 816-436-7420